Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Singing Waiter


10-9-06
Ramons is one of the waiters (I have learned that Sundar is not a waiter, he is “Captain”). Ramons is usually crabby in the mornings, and funny in the evenings. He is older, balding and has a mouth full of rotten teeth. He says he is a fisherman who does not know how to fish, and who vomits if the sea is rough. I have come to learn that “fisherman” is as much an ethnicity here as it is a profession.

This morning he tells me he spent yesterday recording. When I don’t understand what he is saying he begins to sing to me. Now, I have spent the morning listening to him sing to me. He too is disturbed that I am not married, although I have come to learn that his wife kicked him out long ago. He now sings everytime he brings me food or drink, unless Cedric is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Your Singing Waiters said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, March 22, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home