Sunday, February 18, 2007

5 Wells Have Been Built!

I woke a few weeks back to an Email from Cedric, complete with photos, showing that the first 5 wells that we agreed to fund have been built....ON Time....and UNDER BUDGET! As I sat in my chair, watching the photos, the faces of the children, Mr. Vincent, the man who works for the organization that actually did the work, and Cedric, drinking from the new well with





clean water, I was overwhelmed by emotion. I think of the Margaret Mead quote, "never doubt that a small group of commited citizens can change the world, in fact, it is the only thing that ever has." Thank you for being a part of that small group of committed citizens.

Cedric is still in India. He is continuing to plan and budget for the completion of the remaining 14 wells that have been requested. I have watched the slide show again and again and again. I sent it off to friends, and now I wonder........what's next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home