Thursday, October 12, 2006

Leaving Nagracoil

10-9-06

We have completed all of our Kanykumari business for now. We have given the check to the men of AWED for the well projects, we have bid farewell to our Kadiapattinam friends, and we have decided to go North. Cedric will return in early December to check on the progress of the projects and potentially move into phase 2 projects. We have bought a very nice dowrey gift for Sundar, but need to find a way to give it to him without the others knowing. It is clear that this gift would cause quite a bit of jealousy.

We need to take a bus to Trivandrum, and so we ask Sundar if he will help us with that. He is happy to join us for the rickshaw ride to the bus station. When we arrive at the station, the bus is just about ready to leave, so we are hurried to get on. I do not get but a moment to hand him the gift and thank him for all he has done. It feels like a painfully short way to say goodbye to such a dear friend. I get on the bus and wedge myself in between our luggage and the open window. Cedric is still saying goodbye to Sundar. As we pull away, I lean out the window in hopes of seeing him, and he quickly comes around the back of the bus to wave goodbye. He waves, and waves, and waves until I am out of sight. Just as we turn the corner, he throws me a kiss. Goodbye my friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home